Wednesday, February 06, 2008


My sewing room is on the back of the house. I share it with the washer-dryer and a couple of shelving units full of storage boxes. There's no heat, which basically means it's a lean-to and not a room. When I sew I have to clear off the laundry piles and plug in a rather large space heater. Winter is not usually my most prolific time of sewing, but lately I've got the itch. Thing is...I have nothing to sew. Nothing fun anyway. The girls still haven't cemented a theme for the upcoming Halloween, and normal clothes aren't fun. It's all rules and orderliness. Halloween I can really shake things, make whatever I want. No rules.


Maybe I'll embroider something. Maybe that will satisfy this urge. All I need is a sketch or drawing of something. My favorite to date was the treasure map I made for halloween. I impressed all the little old ladies with that beauty.

No comments: