
So I'm still looking for apartments. There are a bunch out there in my price range, but there are even more people looking. Every apartment I've applied for has 15 other applicants. Hopefully I won't be living with my parents forever.
.
I did check out a few roommate situations, but after the last one I checked out I'm wary. I went to see an apartment in the avenues. I brought along my dog since she has a dog, and we needed to see if they got along. The girl that lived there was mysteriously absent, but a friend was there to show me the place. The apartment was perfect. It had everything I've been looking for. I told the friend I was interested, but I needed to meet the girl who lived there (hereafter known as The Girl). The Girl called me later that day (it was a Saturday). We made an appointment for the next day.
.
I went over the next day at 1PM. When The Girl answered the door she was in her pajamas, no bra, hair clearly not done. We talked for an hour. I thought she was weird, but I'm never really home much so I didn't think it would matter. We agreed I would move in after the first of October, and I gave her a check for my deposit.
.
Later that night I noticed I had a voicemail on my phone from The Girl, but she was clearly leaving a message for someone else named Darla. The message said something about taking a deposit from someone but not being sure about them, and did Darla want to move in. It was 10PM when I got the message, but even though it was late I called her back and left a message saying that I wanted my deposit back. She called me back 10 mins later and told me she was sorry, and that her last roommate was mean to her, which I guess means that she thinks I'll be mean.
.
The day after work I stopped by her house to pick up my check (which I'd already put a stop payment on). She totally wussed out, and instead of giving the check to me herself she left it in an envelope with a note that said:
.
My concerns were from a previous roommate who had some problems and I realize that is not you and again I am very sorry.
.
No explanation as to why she thought I'd be mean or have problems, or why she offered me the place only to change her mind an hour later. Strange.
.
I'm glad I don't live with her.
.
Oh, and apparently Darla didn't want to live there. The Girl is still putting up ads for the spot everyday.

No comments:
Post a Comment